What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. - Romeo And Juliet - Shakespeare
A first name is the very first gift that we give to our baby. It's a gift they will keep and hear every day for the rest of their lives!
We will respond to our first names throughout our lives; people associate us with it; it forms part of our identity and helps to distinguish us from one to another.
Like the colours of the rainbow, we’re all different and special, valuable and precious. That's why it is important to celebrate the new member of your clan to officially welcome them to your tribe and extended community!
A naming ceremony is a great way to do that and is an increasingly popular alternative to a more traditional christening.
A naming ceremony is also a fabulous way to mark a change in your chosen name or to mark new beginnings by celebrating and affirming your true identity in your transition process.
What should we expect if we choose you as our celebrant?
* We can have as much contact as you need to put your mind at ease that you're getting the ceremony of your dreams. Together we will get to know each other and bounce ideas around before I start crafting your ceremony.
* I will provide you with a questionnaire for you to give me all the important details and I will use them to create your personalised ceremony, including any rituals you wish to incorporate into it.
* I will arrive at the venue at least an hour before the ceremony to enable me to set up the sacred space in advance - and to calm any last minute nerves!
* I will provide an optional handfasting cord in your choice of colours, which is yours to keep as a memento of the ceremony. Yes - you can have a handfasting in a naming ceremony! :-)
* I will provide an optional commemorative ceremony certificate, to be signed by the parents and guardians or "odd parents".
* I will always leave you with a keepsake copy of the script for you to look back on the day when you need a warm-fuzzies-fix! :-)
Please note: 50% non-refundable deposit payable by BACS to secure your date and for me to begin creating your ceremony.
The remaining balance is due by BACS one month before the ceremony date.
"Sandie recently performed the naming ceremony for my baby boy. A week has passed and I am still so thoroughly overjoyed with how it all went. In the lead up to the event, Sandie and I sat down to discuss the various rituals available, we decided on lighting a candle for my dearly departed father, a sand ritual, hand fasting and various poems to be read out by my child's "odd parents". We exchanged family focused anecdotes, and from our conversation Sandie wrote a beautiful script for the day. The service lasted approximately 45 minutes and there wasn't a dry eye in the house! It was just perfect - she did us both proud. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Thank you Sandie, you little legend! :-) "
- Vicky B - December 2019